19.4.10

Okay - So that just happened. . .

I have been waiting to make a smoked brisket for a while now, I had in my freezer a really nice 8lb brisket and I couldn't wait to smoke it for the ridiculously long 10-12 hours it was going to take.

mmmmmmmmmmmm Brisket

However, Smoking a brisket was not all I had to do that day, it is also, (and let this be a cautionary taled) something that should be left unattended.I was working around the back of the house and since I was SMOKING the brisket. . . . I paid little notice the the SMOKE.  Unfortunately for me, the wind must have blown an ember out of the smoker and onto . . . .if you can believe it the BAG OF WOOD CHIPS.  Anyway, Billie phoned and asked "how's the brisket coming?" Good thing because this is what I found. . . .

.

It was moments away from an unmitigated disaster. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment