24.10.11

Trialing . . . .for once

I certainly don't blog here as often as I used to. I guess I lost my sense of randomness as the weather closes in I guess it will return. I also seldom blog about my trialing adventures. I suppose that is because with few exceptions Jed and have struggled as a dog and handler team you'll note the word team, indicating that I am atleast . . .atleast 50% to blame most of the time.

However, this past weekend Jed and I travelled south to Oregon to the Fireridge Vineyard Stockdog trial. Mostly it was aln excuse to visit with my friend Dave, however, as there was a trial I figured I might as well enter. The first day, Jed, and I do mean Jed had it in his mind that he shouldn't listen to me so after a nice outrun/lift and fetch I retired at the drive away panels.

Frankly, retireing was a great move. Jed was pretty shocked to see me coming up the field and after a couple of wrecks I didn't feel like giving him the chance to work it out. The next day I sent Jed out lost 1 off my outrun 1 off my lift 1 off my drive an 3 off my pen for a total of 6 off and Final score of 84 (out of 90) . That was good enough for the win that day and my first pronovice win. The final day Jed ran very similar and were it not for a 7 point deduction on the drive which was all my fault, an some uncooperative sheep at the pen we would likely have done better than 76 . . . Respectable, but a four way tie with 80 points bumped Jed and I down to 7 th place .

Really happy with Jed and my performance the sheep were really tough, as evidenced by nearly half the field either retiring or DQ ing the first day. The field was also tougher than this picture demonstrates. Good time and I'll certainly go back.



posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment: