22.2.10

Long time Coming . . .

So, I haven't blogged for a bit - not so long as to be considered negligent - but long enough that I  felt it was time.  Frankly lately my time has been occupied by re-building a sheep shelter, (which they hate) and trying to feed a Benjamin grain whilst excluding the other ( EXTREME FAILURE ) It seems, that I, like other bloggers, might have to start another blog called "farming failure" I could use this to chronicle all of my shortcomings as an aspiring farmer; from picking up sheep in dog crates to fixing fences.  Actually that might all be a bit too depressing.

Anyway the point of this blog was to share tonight's dinner.

Bacon, mmmmm, Parmesan Cheese,mmmmmm Onions mmmmm Wrap them all together pop in a 375 oven for an hour or so and this


Two Rib-eye Steaks some mushrooms and broccoli and you have Dinner. . . 
Nice glass of red wine and you are off to the races. . . .

Now look . . . . I am sure some of you are thinking isn't this a bit - Glutenous, Hedonistic - if you like, and I can only say.

YEP !!

Frankly, I think we need more Dionysian Cooking .  A return to giant hunks of meat cooked slowly and lovingly over an open fire and served with copious amounts of either Ale or Wine seems like a fantastic idea.  

And really can you look at this an say . . . I wouldn't eat that?  . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment