18.6.10

Nap

I have been struck with the word nap.  In fact I have a learned a great deal about the word nap.  Of course we all know that the word nap refers to a short period of sleep.  However, it also refers to fabric IE; brushing the nap in all one direction to create different effects. It also refers, interestingly enough to the Airport code for Naples-weird hey?

In the UK nap can refer to a tipsters' most confident tip of the day.  It may also refer to a bet on a horse race. My favorite is probably the adjective nappy referring to an appearance usually disheveled. And while there are a ton of uses for the word nap and countless acronyms, my reference to word nap, is in fact a name.

Don't be mistaken I have not converted to the other side of darkness.  I am still a Kelpie fan and will remain so.  However, as I am hoping to acquire a Kelpie puppy in the next year. Obtaining this fella, who needed a home, seemed like a great way to use my first round of training mistakes up on him. As I am sure, certain inf act that I will make all kinds of mistakes and have much to learn --why not do it on a dog I am less concerned about..

No comments:

Post a Comment