4.6.10

We Don't like you Kind Around Here !!

Now I know, that people are not that  keen about a blog about death,shooting,etc. However, there is another side to this blog which is to my utter amazement the destruction that can occur in less than 24 hours.

This was the first hole








And the second,







The third and while it doesn't exactly show up on the photo these holes are 4-6 feet deep.  None of these holes were here yesterday. All of these holes in 1 night courtesy of our or not so friendly neighborhood badger.  That is pretty incredible for an animal not much bigger than your average Jack Russel Terrier.  Needless to say, that with dogs and cats in our house neither Billie, nor I are particularly eager to have them living in very close proximity to our house.  They can, will, and DO kill, and injure dogs and cats.  Not only that, they carry Bovine Tuberculosis, and a reduction in their numbers can result in a 37% reduction of it's spread.  I am passionate about anything that will reduce TB in Cattle; as that is one of the reasons there are no chickens at the NCR.  Anyway, in a bid to do my bit for king and country, I have been taking care of the badgers I see on walks etc.  This morning however, was a different story.  As I was laying in bed dreaming of rainbows and lollipops, Billie. who was getting up noticed deer in the yard, not particularly earth shattering news, then she notice a badger out our bedroom window.  Keenly aware of the danger posed to the "most ungrateful cat in the world" she informed me that it had to go.  All too happy to oblige I took care of him.  I must agree, it was far too close for comfort.  Frankly any predator you can shoot from you bedroom window is too close.
That's the view from outside. . . .like a hillbilly I shot right through the screen.



Look at the size of this Bugger !! Nice thing is, they dig their own graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment