11.9.10

Not your Usual Fare. . .

So anyway, I am going to be at a wedding today so there will not be a Dinner recipe for Saturday, and likely not for Sunday either.  So since I was late last week  I decided to be proactive and prep a recipe in advance.  So, without further preamble, here it is:

Spinach Chorizo Frittata:

Okay, so there are a few more ingredients, here we have some feta, an onion, mushrooms,spinach and of course, some chorizo.  I like to start by parboiling the potatoes, this helps them cook a little faster and gives them a better crunch makes them crisp up a little nicer.


Did I mention this recipe is a little type "A" of me.  Whilst the potatoes are being parboiled you can start chopping the rest of the ingredients up and getting them ready.  I pretty much chop everything up to about a quarter inch dice, that's me and you certainly don't need to go that far.  


the smaller you chop everything the nicer it will mix together for the filling but that is totally you choice.  Once the potatoes have finished remove them to a cutting aboard and slice them about a 1/4 inch thick.


be careful, they should be a little mealy, and of course they will be a tad hot



I just like this picture it doesn't have anything to do with the recipe.  Next you are going to place the pottoes in a single layer and line the bottom of a cast iron skillet.  Now, you're going to be tempted to futz about with them, DON'T  !! Leave them to form a crispy coating because when you flip them over that's the last time you are going to touch them.  



These are sort of what you are looking for nice and crispy they will hold up nicely when you add the egg.  Now about the egg, I like to use about 6 eggs for the filling and when I say you need to beat the hell out of them I really mean beat the hell out of them.  

The more you beat them the more more light and fluffy your frittata will be.  Also, some people add cream or milk to their eggs that is completely a choice at this point, I don't like to but I will add any sore of spices at this point that I feel like.  I don't add salt but I will add pepper and the cheese to the egg mixture.  Once you have the eggs ready we are ready to put it all together.  




Here is the filling ready to be added spread this over the potatoes and then add the egg. Now put the whole shebang in the oven for 15 minutes at 375.  AND . . . . . .

Voila !!

Slice and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment