17.7.10

Duck Season


I love my dogs. . . . .I love my dogs. That is a refrain that Laurie and I had to repeat to ourselves over and over again. A couple of weeks ago I went up to Jill's an picked up some Ducks.  As in I went up and slaughtered 40 of them.  Sounds gruesome . . . .nope . . .  PRAGMATIC !! Anyway, it was suggested by some that unused and unwanted Ducks should be used for dog food.

  TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA !!!!

For what you get out of a Duck, the ridiculous amount of effort to achieve that net goal is just not worth it.  However, I had good company and I got to use my TBT.  Not the first time I have used it but the first time I have photographic evidence.


This is the skinning portion of the day Laurie and I Skinned 33 ducks in about 5 1/2 hours not exactly record time.


And they thought they would never swim again. 

When all was said and done I would guess that we have 60 pounds of duck meat and good memories of a day spent with friends and a lesson of what to do when someone offers ducks to me.  12 bucks for a completely cooked Peking Duck and you local Chinese Market seems like a fantastic, fantastic deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment