17.3.10

The 6 'P' s

A good friend of mine and a person I consider a mentor and keystone to the person I am now once tried to instill in me an unbelievably important motto. And while I am the first to admit I appear to not always hold this motto in high regard.  My inability to follow it does nothing to diminish it's importance.  At the time I remember that it felt very much like a lecture as I was being instructed in the value of the 6 p's.  My friend is a bush pilot and clearly his adherence and faith in the 6 p's has considerably more importance that I thought would ever apply to me.  However, as I get older I am realizing the value of them as well.

The 6 P's as many of you may already know are as follows:

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Now, I could cite all kinds of my failure to adhere to this edict and I will cite some.  However, I will begin, with a success.

This is the new page wire I installed with my friend who was drafted into service to assist.  I say drafted because it was certainly not volunteer labor.  Conscripting my friend was only part of my Prior Planning.  I drafted skilled labor, I arranged to have proper equipment brought in (also supplied by the friend) and I purchased the necessary tools to facilitate the installation of the fencing.
The result is a relatively straight, tight, fence.  SUCCESS !!

My next example of Prior Planning is :


This is, as I like to call it, the "Ted Bundy Table".  This is where Benjamin, in no uncertain terms be portioned, weighed, and  in general, processed into a selection of delicious offerings.  I have, grinder, stainless sink, and various hooks and knives.  It is also far from Billie's watchful eye so as to maintain the illusion that Benjamin merely moved on to greener pastures.

I should confess that, while the TBT is an example of Prior Planning, it wouldn't be fair to leave it there, which leads me to Piss Poor Performance, 



This, as you can plainly see, is a Freezer, not just any freezer, a freezer with the lid removed to facilitate defrosting.  Not only that this freezer is on a flat deck trailer and was loaded with a skid steer into place because. . . .


It weighs nearly 900lbs and contains a solid - - - "MEATSICKLE" Yes, a shinning example of poor planning lead me to fill a FRIEND's FREEZER (did I mention that the freezer isn't mine, not my friends either).  Yes, on a very cold night I butchered up a cow but had nowhere for it to go. . . .this was the result.  Now, crowbars, hammer, and saws-all in tow, I am working away at this debacle.  In hopes of preventing another one with you know who.






No comments:

Post a Comment