23.3.10

ahhhh, Houston? ------ We have a problem!

In the continuing saga and chronicle of my active failures in farming; I need to relate a story that might pertain to anyone with a Coyote problem. . . .

Don't Wipe them Out  !! You might need them.

Since moving out here to the NCR, I have made steady progress in "thinning" the population of Coyotes around our place.  Great idea right !!??

Maybe not so much -- 

Yes, it's true Coyotes can be a problem, I know people who have had extensive problems as of late with their sheep and the local Coyotes.  However, it is also true that Coyote's serve and important role in the ecosystem.That being said. I don't like 'em. Not a bit. At least that's what I thought!!
Last week I had a sheep that, gave up his reasons for living.  With some assistance, I sent him to the rainbow bridge to wait for me.
  I usually practice "natural re-distribution"  of the carcases, unfortunately for me, there seems to be no takers.  The neighborhood is devoid, if you will, of Coyote's.  So now I have a rotting carcass with no one around interested in helping me get rid of it.  Turns out, Coyote's are scared of the NCR.  
Funny thing is -- I warned a friend of this exact scenario !!! 
Brilliant, I know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment