5.3.10

Spring Thaw . . .

Well March IS in deed coming in like a lamb, which undoubtedly means that it will be leaving like a lion.  I predict 10 feet of snow and 5 days of monsoon rain.  However, this means right now that it is a great time to walk dogs, check out things around the NCR that may have been covered with snow and generally plan the spring and summer.

I noticed this pump durring the winter and though that it would look near my planned vegetable garden, this is until I tried it out.

Yep, It works so it will be staying put. Kinda a neat though.  That means I have three wells within about 100 feet of each other.  Weird hey?
Next I went over to see how the sheep were doing. . . .only to be reminded of the trouble maker in the bunch.


There he is Mocking me from the "safety" of the flock.  You see, I need to sort the sheep out at the gate so I can have some to work Jed with.  Alas this little bastard is always squirting out or blocking the gate.  Either way he is a pain in the ass.  I had originally been going to feed him grain and him alone.  --- Man !! you would think someone with more that 10 brain cells would be able to figure out that "flock" is an important work to remeber when keeping sheep.  Further you would think that same individual would be able to predict that a lone sheep (**note - not a flock) would not eat.  In fact, he would not eat on his own (Keep your advice I Got IT) and so Benjamin - who was going to be finished on grain.  Will instead be finished on grass/hay.  Look, I know it's not ideal but New Zealand does it.  Regardless, Next weekend, is BBQ weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment