22.3.10

Two Down

Well, this weekend was the "Clock Stock and Barrel. I would like so say we lit it up, put on a clinic, showed em how it's done, etc. Alas, we stunk it up pretty badly in there. "The Clock Stock and Barrel" in an indoor trial and on sheep. Unlike the bull sale, you are not allowed to grip (bite) the sheep. This proved an Achilles heel for Jed and I this weekend.

My first set on Saturday was unfortunately and really nice set of sheep they stayed together and moved nicely. Why unfortunately then? Because through a combination of an unresponsive dog and miss-handling, we gripped out and wasted them.

On Sunday it was a different story, abstinent sheep and a excited dog made for a very quick exit 'ala Calgary stampede '09.

I have to say I am not sure Jed and I are suited for the arena circuit. Jed unfortunately has time for sheep that aren't into doing as they are told. Problematic in arena trials, that combined with the speed leaves me wondering every time "wow, really, that quick."
Training on some different sheep will probably help and more time more patience yadda yadda yadda.

No comments:

Post a Comment