8.3.10

Recipes for Benjamin

So, as I reflect on the future of Benjamin I began to think of all the tastiness that dwells within his cantankerous carcass. In an earlier post I may have intimated that I was not a fan of grass feeding him.  This is of course not true.  I was merely trying to continue the feeding routine that he had been used to.  I believe that feeding grain is a great way to get them fat for market, however, as someone who has hunted deer that that have had free run over fields of grain were supposed to be fantastic, sadly here were not.  The deer had an unbelievably gamey taste and were fatty and generally not worth the 4 am wakeup call to hunt.

That being said I think that Benjamin will break down as follows:

Crown Roast of Lamb
Roast Leg of Lab Stuffed with Feta, Spinach and Wild Mushrooms
BBQ Leg of Lamb With Apricot Glaze
Stuffed lamb Shoulder with Chestnuts Goat cheese, and Rosemary
Lamb Stew wine and Cream sauce
Lamb Kebabs, Ground lamb and some shepherds pie

I think the above list will make up nicely for the trouble I have had with this little bugger . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment