12.12.09

Bunt Cake Debacle

I thought about titling this bunt cake bomb, but the alliteration just didn't work for me.  It's the holiday season and as such generally it is the time of year we try to WOW people with baked goods.   Well, WOW would be appropriate I got a new bunt Cake mold and I was pretty excited to make a cake in it.  The was it would resemble something like the following. . . .


the New Mold

Alas, this was not to be,  unfortunately for me I learned two VERY important lessons tonight. 

1) You CANNOT !! always substitute frozen mixed berried for frozen blueberries (yes, there are blueberries in the mix, but the other berries add too much moisture)

2) WAIT UNTIL CAKE HAS COOLED NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT SMELLS

the result of the following lesson . . .



It actually tastes really really, good.  Not for presentation **


No comments:

Post a Comment