9.12.09

The Reno. . .

As some of you know, I have been doing some work on the new homestead.  this work includes, new light fixtures, fixing light fixture that were broken, installing all new plumbing in the bathroom, tearing out all of the old bathroom, stripping the floor down to the sub floor, replacing some of the sub floor, painting every square inch of the house, installing new vanity, installing new toilet, tub/shower, tilling the floor and shower walls.  This is not to mention that Billie's mom came and has cleaned every single inch of this place some it on her hands and knees. 

To say this place needed some work is a bit of an understatement, I have completed most of these tasks however one job, almost a final job is remaining, tiling the shower walls not because I lack the capability but because there is a small problem I have and I am, frankly, not sure how it will turn out.


Correct alignment of wallboard to tub flange



Incorrect alignment of wallboard to tub flange



The problem is that the bathroom is no longer square (if indeed it ever was) this results in a 1/4 inch gap that I will need to build up with thin-set.  I was going to do it today but life has gotten in the way, maybe tonight.   I will post pictures of how it turns out or you can seek them out on failblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment